What if Harper had said about Quebec, what Trudeau said about Alberta?
SunMedia may have thought it was helping the Conservatives with its disclosure of Justin Trudeau’s remarkable comments
about how too many Albertans are involved in running the country.
And maybe it will help the Tories, in the immediate term, hold on to the Calgary Centre riding which is now at risk of slipping to the Liberals.
Today, the Tories are howling in false outrage and the Liberals decry it all, say “it was a long time ago” (two whole years), and hope to hell it goes away.
But in the long run, this episode could serve the Liberal Party. But only if Liberals actually think about what the quoted remarks say, and what they tell us about the speaker.
This is the easy 5 step test to I have posed to Liberals, to decide about the Justin Tapes:
(1) listen to them or read the transcript
(2) every time you see the word “Alberta” insert the word “Quebec”
(3) every time you see the word “Quebec” insert the word “Alberta”
(4) imagine the speaker is named “Stephen Harper” and then
(5) ask yourself honestly, what do you think of those comments?